Saturday, July 29, 2017

A poem by Gary G Pelow, Withdrawing from poisoning.

It begins with some mild nervousness, then moves it agitation then fear, then craving as the poison is no longer there in me.
I begin to pace, I am agitated, fearful, craving, craving, craving the poison, it is not there anymore, but the craving.
I am  racked with insomnia, fear and terror as my brain breaks down into chemical confusion, the brain is use to the poison, it can not function normally without it.
I begin to breathe rapidly, I feel sick to my stomach, my abdomen is distended, bloated and filled with pain, my heart is racing.
Actually my heart is pounding in my chest, the poison is not there, the body and brain are confused, where is that poison? I NEED THAT POISON.
My endorphins are not released to control the pain, my transmitter chemicals are falling and rising in confusion, I begin to vomit, to wretch without control, the stomach expels its contents until it is exhausted, there is nothing left but severe dry heaving.
But there are other things happening without the poison, my blood is more enriched with oxygen, it is
becoming less thick with cluttered platelets that no longer clog, leading to brain or heart attacks.
The Monoxide poisons that cuts air and oxygen from the brain is dropping to zero, more oxygen is reaching my brain, it is no longer being choked off.
The blood is increasing in its efficiency in all the work it has to do without the poison, my heart beats with less strain, my lungs begin to clear of black soot without the poison, without the Nicotine


No comments:

Post a Comment