Tuesday, May 9, 2017

A poem by Gary G Pelow, Disconcerting

I am always distracted, there is so much information coming at me from all directions, I get confused,
disoriented.
I hear the traffic outside driving by my house and somewhere down the block I hear chainsaws being used to cut tree branches at the same time.
Someone drives by with their car stereos blasting music and there is banging noises coming from my neighbor's apartment.
Early in the morning, it is Spring here, I hear birds start chirping about 1 hour before the Sun comes up, once that happens I am awake for the rest of the day, my confusion begins.
I hate those fucking birds.
The Sun is blaring right now very brightly after 9 days of cold and rain and Lake Ontario flooding last week.
The traffic outside is still going strong even as I write this, it is so fucking annoying, I just want perfect quiet and calm surroundings, no noises.
I turn on my computer and immediately I am bombarded with images, music, sound, voices.
I can not seem to concentrate on one thing at a time and the information bombarding me makes me nervous and anxious and filled with dread.
Its getting warmer here, it is May, since stupid, loud and drunken assholes will be blaring their music and screaming and shouting outside along the strip, I have to wear ear plugs just to fucking sleep, if I can sleep at all.
When I am hit with so much information in all forms of images, noises, people, texting, I get insomnia, my mind races all night.
I think if I had no friends, nowhere to meet people without alcohol being present, I would go nuts.
I can meet my friends nightly for dinner, there is about ten of us, we go to the same table every night, we talk, we support each other, it is a time to talk but also to wind down our minds reeling from our troubles.

No comments:

Post a Comment