Tuesday, April 25, 2017

A poem by Gary G Pelow, AMNESIA

I take the drug, I have to, I have schizophrenia, I have confusion, fear, paranoia, anxiety, psychosis.
The Benzo drugs, I take one of the drugs twice daily, Klonopin, a "minor" tranquilizer, their is nothing "minor" about it.
Addiction and attachment can develop while using such drugs, over time stopping them abruptly can cause severe problems like seizures and vomiting.
Death can occur in those conditions.
So why?  Why do I ingest such substances into my body, they seem and can be dangerous.
I take them to live, I take them to live as normally as possible while in a confused state of constant paranoia and psychosis revolving around the idea people are plotting against me, that there is a net work of gang teenagers following me, reporting to their bosses about me.
I have no idea who those bosses would be, and I have no idea why they would stalk me trying to kill me.
I have no scientific proof of these beliefs, I use to go up to total strangers and accost them while accusing them of following me or spying on me, they always denied it, the spying, the stalking.
But I have to still live, I still have to work, pay the rent, get together with friends.
I still have to eat, have a place to live.
I still have to write my poetry such as it is.
Klonopin.
The drug reduces my fears even when I am still in a state of paranoia and psychosis, if nothing else Klonopin makes the idea that their is a conspiracy against me more bearable and filled with much less fear of people trying to kill me.
This is important because I have no proof anyone is trying to stalk or kill me, so I still have to live, to function, to study my Spanish lessons and make my videos for Minds.com.
Klonopin keeps me on a straight, routine daily path, a daily schedule, to do my errands, to do the mundane like doing laundry.
Routine is important.
But also Klonopin puts me into a very deep sleep during the night on a very relatively low dose of Klonopin.
I wake up the next morning in a confused fog of tiredness and forgetfulness.
AMNESIA. KLONOPIN AMNESIA.  I often wake up with no memories of past negative events, if I forget something horrible or threatening, I have less stress.
So, I walk around in a tired, forgetful, amnesiac fog.
But I can sleep again, my insomnia is gone, it often lasted for months.
I am no longer going through severe vomiting brought on by stress and anxiety with no medical cause on a daily basis with severe abdominal pain and constipation and diarrhea.
These things are gone, and I remember very little of it. Klonopin suppresses the
bad things that happen, I have less trauma.

No comments:

Post a Comment