Tuesday, October 4, 2016

A poem by Gary G Pelow, The Brisk

The brisk air is here today in this October day. I feel less motivated by this weather,
Like so many others I would rather cover myself with blankets and ignore these cold days and forget my obligations.
My obligations are not many, I have no children or wife, but the obligations I do have I would rather postpone or ignore them this brisk fall morning.
The Sun keeps appearing and disappearing behind the clouds, as if the Sun can not make up its mind what the weather should be for the rest of this day.
I am more tired on these cold brisk days, I have less motivation in these darker days.
I have to fight myself just to get the fuck out of bed, it is so god damn cold outside.
If I go anywhere to day I must pedal my bike in this cold fall air.
I am drowsy and weak, I am very lethargic today, I have to force myself though any action I take.
I am bored and closed in these cold days, I feel isolated from other human beings because everyone is inside, trying to stay warm.
Either that or they are forcing their ways through their actions and obligations, no one likes this cold nippy weather.
There is so much to do and I have no energy, but I do my thing, as it were, none the less.
I try to work hard and play light, but either one feels more like a burdensome task rather than a productive activity.
The cold air is coming, it gets colder and colder with each passing day and I move as if I was in molasses.

No comments:

Post a Comment