Tuesday, July 14, 2015

A POEM BY AUTHOR POET GARY G PELOW, INDEPENDENCE DY.

Who is in control? The psychosis, or relatives or friends? Perhaps no one
is in control when psychosis comes to a person, or maybe the people in control
are family and friends, there by robbing the independence and automony of the
sick in mind.  There is nothing like the psychiatric slavery of control by others that wounds the sick, stealing self esteem.  I struggle myself to balance help from others
and my personal freedom and control over my own destiny, setting my own goals
within reason, and pursue those goals and dreams.  Do not I deserve love and companionship? Do not I have a right to try employment within the realities of
my limitations? I understand schizophrenia helps to limit someone, but does not
totally destroy a persons capacity to chase and accomplish dreams and goals set
by oneself and not to others who mean well, but come off as mean to us the sick

No comments:

Post a Comment